Preparing for a pool service
Before a pool service there are a few things that you should do to ensure your technician can service your swimming pool and to avoid additional call-out fees. Please read through the following information to learn how to get the most out of your service.
- Advise us if you would like your technician to attend at a specific time;
- Advise us of any additional issues you would like us to inspect/treat. In particular please advise if you have any intermittent issues, or any issues that may require additional time or parts to resolve so that we can plan accordingly (for example, a suction cleaner getting caught in a particular area of the pool, or an unspecific leak, etc.).
- Unlock any gates or otherwise ensure accessibility;
- Top up your water. Ensure there is at least 2cm of extra water in your pool so that we have sufficient water to perform a backwash on the filter;
- Ensure power is connected and/or available to pool equipment;
- Ensure access to any pool chemicals or supplies you would like us to use before we supply additional chemicals/supplies to you.
- Keep aggressive/dangerous pets away from areas where your technician needs to pass through (If unsure whether your pets would be considered aggressive/dangerous please contact us and we can discuss this with you);
- Advise us if your pet has any dietary constraints as we often bring treats to appease them.