How to check your multi port valve gasket
- First, switch off the pool equipment and disconnect the union for the waste line. Move the pipe aside to make sure you can see if any water is leaking.
- Ensure the MPV is set to filter. Dry/clear away water from the union and switch the pump on. (Caution: Be prepared for the possibility of a lot of water. It is rare but in some instances the leak can be quite significant and you will need to switch the pump off immediately and may get wet in the process)
- Watch to see if any water leaks. It may take a moment to start dripping or it may happen immediately. If it does begin to leak then monitor it for a minute or so to ensure it is a sustained leak and not just water being shaken out by vibrations from the pump. If it is sustained you will know you have a problem and need to repair the MPV. If it doesn’t leak or the leak clears up after a moment continue investigating. Turn the equipment off.
- Set the MPV to recirculate. Once again dry the the area around the union and switch the pump on. Repeat step 3.
- If you determine from this that you have a leak you can attempt to fix it yourself or contact your local pool service technician to repair it for you.